Caring for loved ones requires long-term care planning. But many family members become caregivers overnight without being ready for it. A loved one falls down or an illness triggers a change in responsibility. After a certain period of time, family caregivers may realize they need help and begin searching for other solutions for senior care, which may include home care. Care options like adult day centers, retirement facilities, and nursing homes may not always be right and can be expensive. Divine Comfort Home Care can provide this valuable ongoing home care support. If you are needing any assistance please call 832-821-5205.
1) Safety. If your loved one should fall, have a seizure or experience another health-related emergency, an agency worker can contact emergency services, tend to your loved one, or even provide life saving service before help arrives.
2) Personal Care. In-home care providers can take care of bathing, nail trimming, dressing, and toileting. In-home care providers are trained to provide professional service for demands ranging from simple to delicate tasks.
3) Medication Supervision. Workers will ensure your loved one is taking their medications on schedule, and can ensure they are refilled, stored properly, and can monitor for adverse effects.
4) Companionship. Having someone you trust to spend time with is vital for happiness, and with a capable and kind provider, your loved one will receive consistent companionship with loving care.
5) Meal Preparation. An in-home caregiver can ensure your loved one receives balanced, nutritious meals every day. Plus, they can keep your loved one company while they eat. They are also prepared to meet any dietary restrictions.
6) Errand Running. An in-home caregiver can run errands for your loved one, or even bring them along. Grocery shopping can be an enjoyable outing for many seniors if they have a companion.